Sunday, October 5, 2008

Firestation Fieldtrip

Jenna's class inside the ambulance.
Here they are in the Firetruck.

As I was preparing to leave for my conference at Snowbird, I was talking with Jenna about her upcoming fieldtip and how sad I was that I couldn't go with her. She was ok with that, but she kept telling me that she wasn't sure if she should go. She told me she didn't want to wear the "lifejacket". Confused, I kept telling her that she didn't have to wear her lifejacket to go to the firestation. I thought maybe she was worried they would spray the water hose or something else.



I was talking with Ashlee Tanner, who so willingly agreed to take and chaperone Jenna, when she told me some of their activities, one of which was wearing the fireman's Jacket. Then it hit me---that was the "lifejacket". So I told Jenna that she coculd still go on the field trip and she did not have to wear the Fireman's Jacket. My usually brave enthusiast was not so brave at this particular fieldtrip and I can't help but wonder if it has something to do with the fact that I really encourage her to wear her seatbelt so that she or mommy won't have to go to jail.



Well, thanks to Ashlee, here are a couple of pictures of Jenna on her first fieldtrip. And many thanks to Grandma and Grandpa for getting her ready for school and loving her and Hannah while I was away.

1 comments:

Ashlee said...

Who took those awesome pictures?